Inspection, Testing and Compliance Technician - Offshore Role
Location: Aberdeen (& Worldwide)
Date Posted: October 13, 2017
Due to continued growth in our Aberdeen operations (IES Callenberg), we are now seeking to appoint an Offshore Inspection, Testing and Compliance (ITC) Technician. The main role of the job holder will be to carry out Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Inspections & Testing, PFEER/SGI Testing and Air Quality Inspections on Offshore assets. The role is ideally suited for someone looking for adhoc assignments offshore, however an element of onshore site/office based work may be available to the right candidate.
Our Aberdeen operations currently employs over 120 UK based core staff to service current HVAC design, installation, commissioning, maintenance contracts and projects within the UK and Internationally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading company in this field.
Note that P601 certification is required – if you do not have the certificate available, please do not apply for this position.
- Carry out Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Inspections & Testing, PFEER/SGI Testing and Air Quality Inspections on Offshore assets.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and commissioning of HVAC systems & components in hazardous and non-hazardous areas as well as carry out inspections, investigations, fault-findings and repairs of HVAC systems and components, including ventilation hygiene cleaning and door survey / repairs.
- Produce reports in line with client and company specifications and standards.
- Competently, diligently and safely carry out offshore duties as directed by onshore management in agreement and liaison with offshore client representatives.
- Liaise with internal members of staff as well as external clients to ensure work planning, technical issues and resource logistics are understood and progressed by all parties.
- Maintain adequate records & logs of work, including updating client’s Computerised Management Systems (CMS).
- Give daily/weekly update reports to your Line-Manager and/or Maintenance Team Leader
- Organise day-to-day activities on the installations/worksites so as to benefit on-going projects, ensure progress is maintained and deadlines are met.
- Follow company procedures and be aware of all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ) policies both within the company and those of any client where required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants must have P601 (Examination & Testing of LEV Systems) certification. P602, P603 and P604 also preferable.
- Microsoft office suite proficient.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, client focussed, can work unsupervised and can exercise his / her initiative to be able to resolve potential problems. They must be a team player with strong communications skills, both verbal and written. They must also be comfortable with working and staying away from home (sometimes at short-notice) for periods of time for which the duration will vary.
To apply please send your CV and any cover letter or supporting statement by e-mail to: email@example.com
When submitting your application please make it clear that you are applying for the Inspection, Testing and Compliance Technician (LEV/PFEER) role.
If you do not hold a P601 (Examination & Testing of LEV Systems) certificate please do not apply for this position.
Please note that we may only respond to those applicants who are considered for an interview.