Project Manager – Marine HVAC
Location: Genoa, Italy
Date Posted: May 10, 2018
We are expanding our marine conversion business in Genova and seeking an experienced Project Manager (PM) to work on HVAC conversions and refurbishment on vessels worldwide in a very exciting global business.
The job entails these main responsibilities:
The Project Manager will lead the planning and implementation of commercial projects/assignments with the overall objectives of a satisfied customer, tight cost control, robust risk management and a timely execution with optimal resource utilization within each project/assignment. The Project Manager takes on an active role in the project development phase. The PM is a part of the team conducting feasibility studies/surveys on-board to find the best solutions for the specific ship. Our Project Managers take part, both in the work before installation and take an active role in the work onsite. It is essential that the PM have a technical background with technical consulting, industrial plant or commercial building HVAC, to ensure sufficient understanding of the many technical challenges and opportunities that lay ahead with HVAC conversion projects.
The job also entails:
- Producing project plans that include production and manning plans, time schedules, cost allocation, logistics and procurement plans, third party agreements, travel, etc.
- Project development, surveys, feasibility studies
- Overseeing the management of third party contractors
- Rigorous action-oriented monitoring and follow up of project progress including: time schedules, economy status and timely feedback to upper management
- Ensuring that project deliverables are compatible with customer requirements and expectations
- Onsite supervision and onsite project management
- Supporting Sales team with analysis of scope and contractual conditions, its implications to demarcations, complexity, cost impact and other prerequisites for fulfilment
- Supporting Sales functions at customer meetings with updated market intelligence
- Ensuring quality and environmental compliance of project deliverables
- Actively taking part in the continuous development of the fulfilment organization (best practices, knowledge, knowhow, and its deliverables)
Required qualifications, formal education, training, experience and disposition:
- Formal studies/training in management of complex technical projects from a reputable project management training organization or acquired the equivalent knowledge and knowhow through extensive experience and alternative studies
- Direct work experience in project management capacity with negotiations, customer interaction, people management, planning, risk mitigation, change management and involvement in software production
- A minimum of 2 years technical education relevant to the position
- An energetic disposition with integrity, critical thinking and problem-solving capacity that delivers sound judgment and advice
- Fluency in speaking and writing in Italian and English
- Good computer skills including MS Office, and project management administrative SW tools
- Cost conscious, business minded and customer centered
- Team work oriented, self-motivated, stress tolerant and ability to work independently
- Innovative, flexible and receptive mindset
- Willing to travel moderately at relatively short notice
Desired experience and interests:
- Experience with managing complex commercial technical projects
- Experience with effective decision making, delegation, conflict management, and negotiations
- Genuine interest in the marine and/or offshore industries
- Multi-competence (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Project Management)
- Experience with ships/rigs under construction or in service
- Proficiency in non-English European and Asian languages
- Good communication skills and a will to share information with colleagues
- Eager to learn, including self-teaching
What can we offer you?
Three things are vital to success in a competitive global market: understanding our customer’s needs, having a local presence and employing an experienced and knowledgeable team that is excellent at what they do. At Callenberg Technology Group (acquired by Trident Maritime Systems), we pride ourselves on having all three. That is why we continue to invest in our employee’s development, empower our team and offer them the possibility of professional growth. We offer our team members rewarding and exciting jobs in a reputable global company serving an expansive international market. To learn more about us, please visit www.TridentLLC.com
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter or supporting statement by e-mail to: Paolo.Sarigu@TridentLLC.com
When submitting your application, please clarify that you are applying for the Project Manager role. Thank you.