Lay-up of ships and rigs
In challenging market conditions, many operators choose to temporarily lay-up assets. We assist operators in correct deactivation, protecting vital technical equipment and preserving the building structure.
- Reduce lay-up costs and speed up re-commissioning
- Protect structure and spaces
- Preserve HVAC and refrigeration equipment
- Minimal maintenance during lay-up period
Simplify the lay-up process
Callenberg Technology Group’s lay-up service simplifies the lay-up process, keeping maintenance costs down and start-up time short. There are two parts to our lay-up offer; Protection of structure and spaces and Preservation of HVAC and refrigeration equipment. In addition we survey, plan maintenance, report and monitor throughout the entire process.
Callenberg Technology Group provides lay-up services for merchant vessels and rigs.
Protecting structure and spaces ahead of lay-up
To achieve the greatest efficiencies all technical areas should be evaluated separately, with special attention to engine rooms and other rooms with electrical equipment.
HVAC in the living quarter
- Reduce and optimise equipment capacities
- Seal complete or parts of systems
- Duct cleaning
- Evaluate & adjust internal temperature and humidity
HVAC in technical areas
- Reduce & calculate ventilation for each area
- Equipment cleaning
- Temperature control of vital machinery, process and utility rooms
- Evaluate ventilation and cooling requirements in LIR/LER, drillers cabin and control rooms
- Minimise heating and natural ventilation in tanks and pontoons
Preserving HVAC & refrigeration equipment during lay-up
Air handling units that are not in use typically form mould and fungus. We preserve your HVAC & RFN equipment to avoid hazardous build-up, minimise maintenance costs and enable easier re-commissioning.
- Lower capacities and reduce energy consumption
- Secure minimum temperature and control of RH in AC rooms
- Equipment cleaning
- Empty chillers and compressors of refrigerant and pressurize with Nitrogen*
- Monitored shut down of provision/freezing rooms by thermo-camera
- Antifreeze treatment of water traps
- Cleaning of provisions and rooms, with special attention to coils and evaporator